Friday, October 18, 2019

Week 3 Forum



Topic 1)

I shot the very end of my business 101 class. I always thought it was cool to see how people react to a class ending. Some leave right away, while others stay and finish what they were working on.

The lighting was a big challenge, the classroom has fluorescent lights, and I have never been great with those. It was unexpected that the amount of people were still in the class when I took these pictures. I expected less.

I started out with my closer shots and then moved farther away. I thought it created the idea that I was leaving too.

If I had to do this again, I would work on my angles. I was too focused on not being in the way of my peers that I compromised the shot.

I think they got the point across, but they could have been executed better.



Topic 2) Self Critique

The best photo I have taken in this class so far is definitely the portrait of Alondra Cortez. She is posed correctly, her facial expression is flattering, and the lighting is good. I loved talking to her, she was a great person to work with.

The worst photo I have taken in this class so far was of Fabian Gonzales. It was for my first assignment, and I hadn’t figured out how to use a camera yet. While he did a great job, the lighting was bad and you couldn’t really see much. It was a shame because I really enjoyed talking to him.

To overall improve my photos, I need to work on my confidence with the camera. I still feel like I am inconveniencing people when I ask to take their picture. This causes me to rush, and leave before I have taken enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment