Friday, October 11, 2019

Week two Forum




Annie Leibovitz went to san Francisco art institute for painting, the Library of Congress awarded her with the “Living Legend” Award in April of 2000, and in 1991, the National Portrait Gallery in Washington staged an exhibition of her work. This was just the second time this prestigious gallery featured the work of a living person. The part of her photos that stand out most to me is the emphasis on certain parts she creates. She knows how to draw in people's attention with her lighting, contrast, and posing. Her Claim to Fame was her work with John Lennon in 1971. It led her to getting a better job. Her magazine cover of him in 1980 was later voted best cover in the past 40 years.

Lindsey Addario
I really like the book. Her writing style really draws me in, I keep wanting to read ahead but we talk about certain parts in class so I don’t want to get lost.
Her story is very impressive. All of the things she has been through, her home life and adult career. It’s all very overwhelming to me.
I think her work is very dynamic. All of her photos make me feel connected to the subject. Her writing is very similar. Her work makes the viewer feel something. It's not just random words or pictures; they have meaning.
Some lessons I can apply from looking at her work is to use the variety given naturally. She does posed, candid, and portraits all very well. Being able to do all of those types of pictures on the spot is a skill that I wish to develop
My favorite quote so far is, “ I'd grown up my whole life witnessing the sorrows of outcasts, but I accepted that my father had found happiness" I like tis because I can relate to her story. My parents split and I had to learn to be happy with out both of them in the same house.
My favorite photo of hers is of a woman Bibi Aisha. She was a 19 year old woman at the time. She had no nose, ears, and had short hair while she wore a green head scarf. I really like this photo because it is posed but still natural and fluid. The shadows in the back add dramatic effect without drawing attention away from the subject. Her positioning in the picture to get the light to hit certain features is also very artistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment