Friday, November 1, 2019

Week 5 Forum



I think Addario’s adventures have been thrilling. It is very interesting to read them on paper, but I know I would not feel the same if I were to live them. Her work ethic and drive are very inspiring to me. She works so hard for her career and herself. She sacrificed a lot of things to make herself a better photographer. I think her commitment is very admirable. I know that I would not be able to give up what she has for this career. I am very close with my family, and wouldn’t be able to go that long without seeing them. She gave up partners and her home, and I couldn’t do that as easily as she could. I also have really enjoyed seeing her personal growth throughout her story so far. She has gone through a wide variety of events, each having the possibility of making her shrink back. Yet, she only get stronger and more of a talented and respected woman. In the last chapter I have read, her and her coworker Mathew are kidnapped and while she does freak out, she never lets them know. She has a level head and allows them to make it out alive.
I have learned that one I can stay respectful and still get good pictures. She always makes sure that her subjects are comfortable with her taking their photos. I like that she treats them a humans and not just stories. My favorite photos of hers reflect that. I really enjoy the pictures that make her subjects look human. They Were taken at a very polarized time and I really like that she didn't let their negative connotation in America affect her work. This photo from her website is a great example of this.
In her book that we have been reading this term, my favorite quote is, “Something in me had changed after those months in Iraq. I was now a photojournalist willing to die for stories that had the potential to educate people” located on page 134. This quote stands out to me because it again just shows her dedication. She is so committed to the people and the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment